The return of the trendsetting festival marks a shift away from dated bohemian looks, as young men experiment with a Y2K aesthetic, retro separates and pared-back styling
Download here the SS23 Colour Forecast
Or continue reading:
The first Coachella to take place since TikTok became the most popular social media platform, the event provided a playground for youth to experiment with Y2K-inspired outfits and a refined resort styling.
Coachella returns after a two-year hiatus, with an overbearing focus on social media trends and fashion brands seeking to inspire and be inspired by the youth market. Even though the influence of TikTok was arguably louder than the music, many of the menswear looks broke away from the ‘influencer marathon’ style.
Although the typical festival look was prevalent, young men also used the setting as an outlet to experiment with media-influenced items and were comfortable pushing looks further with careful curation and extravagant impact.
The most important Coachella 2022 Outfits are florals and psychedelic are prominent commercial print themes, however, this is balanced by a generation proud to personalise and thrift items for a unique outfit. Graphic tees were overtaken by resort shirts, knitted tops and head-to-toe colour co-ords, indicating a shift in aesthetic consideration from the younger cohort.
#GentleRetro looks pay homage to past eras, fuelled by thrifting and Harry Styles’s headlining performance.
- The rising interest in thrifting is translated from TikTok to festival styles that convey retro optimism, with many attendees boasting their vintage finds
- Styling is key. Sartorial flares and chinos in rich, earthy tones pair well with #70s-inspired tops
- Patterns and tactile textiles typify this throwback look. #StatementCrochet tanks and #RetroPrint shirts complete the #VintageFits look
#NoughtiesNostalgia and hit TV shows keep this youth essential trend a mainstay.
- Shows such as Euphoria and TikTok trends fuel the #Y2K fascination. This translates into edgier styling with a hint of #SoftMasculinity
- #Butterflies are a must-have motif for prints and graphics, as the key icon transitions from women’s accessories to men’s prints
- Use #Lilac and #DigitalLavender hues to amplify the early 2000s vibe. Build towards the Joyful Skate direction for S/S 23 with pastel comforts
The popular printed #MatchingSet is overshadowed by co-ords in block colour, with many opting for the full head-to-toe look.
- Co-ords are a #YouthEssential in the young women’s market, but this monochromatic colour story represents a shift towards braver curated dressing for young men
- Youth use bold colours to set the tone. Summer brights and saturated sunset tones are headliners for directional looks that evoke joyful warmth, while lilac and #DigitalLavender offer a softer take on Y2K
- Vibrant resort sets are ideal for the beach-to-festival look, while #Utility detailing aids.
TL San Martin, ethically sourced leather manufacturers for your fashion startup
When choosing your leather supplier, you must bet on quality, but not only that, but also a supplier that aligns with the values of your brand.
At TL San Martín we are committed to sustainability with our leather of ethical origin, as proof of this you can consult the certifications obtained here.
If you are located in the footwear, textile, fashion or leather goods sector, we want to be your leather supplier. Get in contact with us.
We invite you to learn a little more about our company, to do so, visit our virtual showroom, which you will find in the «The factory» section.
At TL San Martín we deliver your order anywhere in the world in record time, since we manufacture and store our products in our facilities.
Find out our latest collections, you can see them complete: